Thursday, February 15, 2007

Dear God, Please Kill this Bigot

READ MORE

Retired NBA basketball player, Tim Hardaway, hates us...
"You know, I hate gay people, so I let it be known."
Shock and surprise... ANOTHER black homo sapien (the name "man" is reserved for noble, civilized individuals) that HATES gay people. Maybe we'll get lucky and one of his crack-head bruthas from the hood will bust a cap in his rich monkey-faced, mutha-fuckin' ass... just his. No one else's.

UPDATE: A friend said I should take this post down because it is racist. I disagree. I've used this same sort of inflammatory criticism towards, e.g., Paris Hilton, Brandon Davis, Jerry Falwell, et al.. The friend also stated that by definition, black people cannot be racist because they are a minority in a white majority country. He even called up slavery as an excuse, presumably for every negative behavior in black American culture.
I told him he was blinded by his own erroneous logic, not based in reality or truth. I believe that Americans in general have become so hyper-sensitive to race that all logic, truth, and discernment have been thrown out the window. What a crying shame.
If you refuse to hold individuals, and yes, even certain racial, social, economic, or sexual identity groups accountable for their behaviors or culture, then you enable the degeneration of that group or person and ultimately, humanity. Not speaking the truth to a situation because of the color of some one's skin pigmentation, or any other classification is, in my estimation, another, and equally negative form of racism and bigotry. You become an enabler to destructive behavior. If you truly love and care for people, a group of people, ergo humanity, then you would do or say anything necessary for their ultimate good. Or more practical and direct, do you continue to allow someone to harm you without saying a word?

On the corner of 125th Street and Lexington Avenue the other day, a black guy said in a very loud voice for all to hear, "Where da fuck did all these white mutha-fuckas come from? Why don't dey go back to da mountains where dey came from, fuckin' Hillbillies!" Imagine a white person saying something equally hateful, ignorant and racist on, say, 42nd Street and Park Avenue. But then again, according to my friend, blacks cannot be racist.
Getting off the subway two nights ago, a black guy, for no apparent reason, reached into the subway car, grabbed my jacket and pulled/shoved me out of the train onto the subway platform. He cursed me under his breath and then got on the train.

I live in predominantly ethnic neighborhoods. Not one other single race of people has ever assaulted me, insulted me, or shown any signs of aggressive racism - except black Americans. I often get treated differently in a negative way by black Americans.
My friend says I'm seeing what I'm looking for. Believe me, I don't want this treatment. I try to get along with everyone in public and hope and expect equal treatment from all people and, I live by the Golden Rule: "Treat others like you want to be treated." I'm the type of person who gets along with everyone, and I like everyone until they give me a reason not to.


No comments:

Post a Comment